Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lobster Tails On The Grill

I hit a great sale at my favorite grocery store over the weekend.  Four, 5 ounce each, lobster tails for $35, what a great price! Could not wait to eat those babies.  But how would I cook them?  There are so many ways, steam them, broil them, grill them.  I chose to grill them., the sun was shining, so what a better way to spend outside than grilling. It was easy, barely any prep time at all, and they were fabulous!  This is how I made them.

My lobster tails.
 Flip the lobster tails on their backs, use a large sharp knife, center it down the middle, with a little pressure applied on the knife it will crack the top of the shell.  It does not have to cut through the belly, unless you want them cut in half.  Be careful the knife does not slip.  Turn the tails right side up, loosen the meat a little with your fingers but don't pull it out, clean out any dirty veins and discard them, rinse off the tails and pat them dry.
 I used metal skewers, ran them right up the middle of the tail, threading the meat through so they stayed flat while cooking on the grill.  I brushed them with basting oil, and sprinkled with salt and pepper.  My kids love that rice-a-roni in the back, I don't know why but they do.  I used one stick of butter to make clarified butter in a saucepan for dipping. Keep it on simmer so it doesn't burn. When melted, skim the white foam off the top.
 Onto the grill.  Heat the grill on high, place top side down, cook for about 15 minutes on one side then 15 minutes on the belly, or until meat is white and not transparent, this depends on the size of your tails.  It should be 145 degrees inside the thickest part of the tail on a meat thermometer.
 Wow look at these!  Beautiful and tender, can't wait to dip them in that butter.
 See how easy that was, a summer dinner good enough for guests and very little work involved.
 The color is fantastic.  Yummy!  They were so good.


0 comments:

Post a Comment