Friday, June 27, 2014

Yummy Skillet Cookie Sundae

Here is a dessert I make in a pinch.  I always have this chocolate chip cookie dough in the fridge.  If I don't have anything homemade, because I got lazy and didn't feel like making anything fancy (ok, I beat myself up enough), I always have this to fall back on and everyone loves it.  It's easy, and only takes about 20 minutes to make.  This is my knockoff restaurant version.

Take the cookie dough out of the fridge about 20 minutes before you are ready to bake it, to soften it up.  I use my small cast iron frying pan and coat it generously with cooking spray.  Press the cookie dough into the pan evenly.  Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until the cookie is golden brown, like mine you see down there.
 Now here comes the best part.  A few scoops of really good vanilla ice cream, some warmed hot fudge sauce, and whipped cream on top, all while it's still hot from the oven, it's so good!  Three people ate from this cookie sundae and there was still some leftover.






0 comments:

Post a Comment