Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Citrusy Flank Steak

I never usually buy things like this, but couldn't resist something different.  I was doing some shopping in Costco the other day and they had a few of these marinated meats in their fresh meat case.  There were ribs, chicken and this flank steak, so I thought I  would give them all a try.  Tonight we are having the lime - cilantro marinated flank steak on the grill.  It smelled so good, I couldn't wait to eat it.  Lots of herbs, spices, garlic, lime and cilantro, and they give you an extra container of the marinade in the tray.  All I had to do was toss this baby on a fired up grill, and what an awesome steak!  
Off the grill and resting.
 Sliced up and ready to serve the hungry mouths I have to feed.  It was so flavorful, tender and juicy.
 Here is another good recipe for garlic bread - Ciabatta rolls, garlic and herb spread (Wegman's) and pesto (Costco's is the bomb!). Spread bread with garlic and herb spread, spread pesto over that and broil under the broiler until bubbly, crispy and golden brown, yuuuuumy!  It could be a meal all in itself.
 My meal plated up.  I served my steak with orzo tossed with butter, lemon and parsley.


0 comments:

Post a Comment