Thursday, May 7, 2015

This Is My Plot

STILL working in this yard of mine, going on three weeks now! Not done yet.  I started a vegetable garden for my son, the vegan in the house.  I thought it would be good for all of us to grow some of our own foods to eat, also cheaper than buying in the market.  Since he is vegan we are now eating alot of fresh foods, rather than packaged foods, better for us and healthy too.  I can't wait to see my small plot of land produce some crops.

Also doing some cleaning up around the property, and planted more flowers.  The deck is finally cleaned and all the pots are full of flowers, bring on the summer weather, I'm ready!

I mapped out a 26 x 26 foot spot for my vegetable garden.  My son rototilled it for me, got out most of the rocks, then I used a rake and a shovel to clear the rest of it.  I raked the soil smooth, fertilized it, then started some vegetable seeds as well as some plants.  I planted, zucchini, beans, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, beets, corn, carrots, fennel, peppers and eggplant  I also have growing in big pots, 4 different kinds of lettuce, kale and spinach.
My big power washer broke, had someone look at it, and the cost to repair it is almost what I paid for it! Yeah, it's still sitting in the shed.  So I decided to go on QVC and buy this little one, about $114 shipped to my door and works great.  I only needed it for a few spots on the deck and railing so it did the trick.  I had paid someone last year to power wash the deck, railing, deck boxes and gutters, it was too big of a job for me to do, it was worth it. 
 A few of my kitties, soaking up the sun and watching the birds, they love that!
 Planted poppies this year never had them before, they are so colorful!
So after I was all done, I was thirsty so I made myself a refreshing beverage, spring water, fresh lemon and fresh mint,  AHHHHH, I am going to go sit, enjoy my hard work and relax right now.  Hope all your gardens are full of bright and beautiful plants this year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment