Thursday, January 8, 2015

I Am Hibernating

It's pretty quiet around here now that the holidays have come and gone.  The kids are back at college, the husband back at work, it's cozy time for me now until Spring. The decorations are finally packed away, after four straight days of hard work, and the house is back in order.  I do love putting all those decorations out, but once Christmas is over I can't wait to put them away.  It's a job, a BIG job for me for the size of this house.  I still have to get the outside decorations down, but it's too cold! I kind of hibernate in the Winter, like a bear.  I can't stand the cold weather anymore, it chills me to my bones.  So I stay in and try to find things to keep me busy, cooking, baking, painting, crafts, moving rooms around.  I have to stay active while I am inside or I will go crazy.  I know cabin fever is on the horizon, so come on old man Winter, get this over with!
A little bit of snow and even the cats want to stay cozy and warm.
 This is what I do to keep busy, pack stuff away and move things around.  Dining room before and after.
 Foyer - before and after.
 Yes that tree is gone! See you next year.
 I love when the house is in order.
 No more cookie dough stuck to the floor, all is clean and neat.
And now I just wait for this!  Ahhhh Summer, loving the warm weather.



0 comments:

Post a Comment