Tuesday, January 20, 2015

On The Move Again, Painting In The New Year

I can't stay still, I have to keep moving all the time.  I am getting a little slower now that age is creeping up, but you know what they say, you're as young as you feel.  I have a lot of projects that have to be done this year, so I thought what better time to start them then when it's cold outside, and I don't want to be there.  So I'll stay inside and get all these things done.  I started with my daughter's bedroom.  I finished painting it yesterday and it came out great.  She out grew the lime green she picked out when we first moved into this house, she was ten years old then, now she is just shy of twenty-one.  I thought it was time she moved on and away from THAT color! The room painting was very time consuming and detailed, but in the end all the aches and pains were well worth it. 

I love this color - Popped Corn - for my ceilings, it a softer white color.  As you can see, the darker, ugly painters grade paint on the ceiling is now being replaced.
 Ceiling all done, now on to the walls.  She chose Winter Lake as her wall color. 
These are the walls before.....hey! there's a lazy cat on the bed.
And this one is making sure I do the job right!
And the painting begins.  I recommend two coats of paint even though this is a primer/paint mix.
Trim all done.
 
Last wall done.
 A small amount of touch up.
 And I'm all done!
 Furniture moved around, room looks bigger.
Love the color! Blue is relaxing.
 The two doors in the picture below are - Right side is a walk-in closet and left side her bathroom.  Both will be painted this week also.  Her new room is almost complete, draperies still need to be hung and a new desk and chair are on order.  She has now moved into adulthood.





0 comments:

Post a Comment