Monday, January 19, 2015

This Is Awesome Pesto Bread!

Usually when you think of using pesto it's for tossing with pasta, or using it in other sauces.  I buy this big jar at Costco.  When I get it home, I portion the pesto out in resealable bags and put it in the freezer.  Unless I am having a get together this jar of pesto is too big for us, we would never finish it before the expiration date.  I have to tell you, this is THE best store bought pesto I have ever had, it's fresh and has the right amount of everything in it.  I found a new way to use pesto and it is delicious.  Easy to prepare, you can serve it as an appetizer, as a meal, or it can become a beautiful pizza pie, it's that awesome!  

These long flat pizza crusts I also found at Costco, they come four to a pack (there are 2 sleeves of 2 in the package).  Whatever I am not using, I cut in half and freeze them as well, so I always have them on hand. The garlic cheese finishing butter is found at Wegman's in the dairy section.  Melt enough of the garlic cheese butter to just coat the pizza crust, brush it on with a pastry brush.
 Lightly spread the pesto on with a spoon, bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until hot and bubbly, and you have yourself some awesome Pesto Bread!


0 comments:

Post a Comment