Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Quick Brother Devil Shrimp (Shrimp Fra Diavolo)

Was cooking dinner for just the hubby and me the other night, and wanted to make something fast and easy, so Shrimp Fra Diavolo was on the menu.  It's football season and the TV was on, so every woman knows what that means, dinner in front of the big screen.  I didn't mind though, I can bear watching football, although most of the plays I don't even understand.  So while I was busy getting our meal together the hubby was busy putting up TV tables, and setting our places.

I usually make my Fra Diavolo sauce from scratch, but this jarred version caught my eye at Giant, so I decided to give it a try.  It tastes exactly like the Shrimp Fra Diavolo at my local favorite Italian restaurant.  I have to say I was not disappointed in this jarred sauce at all.   Knowing this is on the shelf at the grocery store makes me wonder why I even make it from scratch. Recipe below.
Dinner was ready in about 30 minutes.  I added garlic bread, fresh grated Locatelli cheese, and a glass of red wine.
 Shrimp Fra Diavolo
1- 25 oz jar of Fra Diavolo Sauce
10 Jumbo sized frozen raw shrimp, thawed, shells on
1/2 lb linguine
Freshly grated Locatelli or Parmesan cheese


On high heat, start a pot of salted water on the stove and bring to a boil.  In another small pot, filled halfway with water, add the raw shrimp, and cook over medium-high heat until the shrimp are done, about 2-3 minutes or until they are pink. In the meantime, heat the jar of sauce in a medium size sauce pan over medium - low heat.

When the water for the pasta comes to a boil, add the pasta and stir.  Continue to cook to your likeness, I like mine al dente.  When the shrimp are done, drain, peel, set them aside.  When the pasta is done, drain and transfer to a serving bowl.  Combine the shrimp with the sauce, heat the shrimp through for a few minutes, then toss with the pasta. Top with grated cheese and serve.  Makes 2 servings.

0 comments:

Post a Comment