Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Holla For Some Challah

Whether we go out or stay in, we love a nice big breakfast on Sunday mornings.  Eggs, bacon, scrapple, ham, steak, hash browns, pancakes, waffles or French toast, we love it all.  This Sunday I was in a French toast kind of mood.  I had a small loaf of challah preserved in the freezer so I took it out the night before and made French toast out of it.  It was sweet and delicious, if you have never tried making French toast out of challah, do it, it's fantastic! 

Slice the challah to your desired thickness.  Dip on both sides, in a mixture of eggs, cinnamon, heavy cream and vanilla extract.  I used 6 eggs for my small loaf, and use as much or as little as you like of the the other ingredients.  I am also brave enough to use flavored coffee creamers if I don't have heavy cream,  they taste great!
 Use a tablespoon of canola oil on the griddle, heat it up and place the slices on the griddle.  When brown and crispy on one side, flip them over, cook on the other side.  Transfer toasted pieces to a serving plate.
 And, VOILA!  Yummy French Toast.



0 comments:

Post a Comment