Monday, August 4, 2014

Oat Bran = FIBER

I am trying to add more fiber to my diet, so what better way than Oat Bran, it's packed with 7 grams of  fiber and 5 grams of protein all in just 1/3 of a cup of this great stuff.  This package just happens to be gluten free, it is also sold in regular.  So for breakfast I made a bowl of this using the recipe on the back of the package, but I cut the recipe in half. I didn't want to overdo the fiber on the first day of eating it.  
 After cooking I poured it into a cute little bowl, added a splash of skim milk, a handful of fresh blueberries, and a teaspoon of raw sugar.  It tastes just like oatmeal to me, only finer grained, and more digestible.  You can also add oat bran to anything you cook or bake for added fiber.  I think I am onto something new, I may even coat chicken with it!





0 comments:

Post a Comment