Thursday, August 21, 2014

Sweets For My Sweets And Sugar For My Honey

I bought a bunch of sweet potatoes at the farmer's market for my son who is vegan.  He couldn't eat them fast enough, so I served them in a new way and made fries for dinner last night.  Sweet potatoes are so creamy inside when they are baked and these fries come crispy on the outside from the oven.  My family loved them!  They are so good and sweet, you can even serve them as a dessert.  I know it sounds crazy to mix potatoes, cinnamon and sugar, but try them you'll love them.  Recipe below. 

Four simple indredients and you get sweet, creamy, tasty fries.
Cinnamon Sugar Sweet Potato Fries

Ingredients
3 large sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons of canola oil
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons of Saigon cinnamon

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Wash sweet potatoes and remove any roots or blemishes, but keep the skins on.  Pat them dry.  Cut potatoes into long fries.  I made mine by cutting the potatoes into fourths lengthwise then cutting each piece into fries.  Place fries on a baking sheet.  Drizzle on the oil and toss, making sure all potatoes are covered.  Bake in the oven for 30 minutes then under the broiler for 5 -8 minutes (depending on your oven), until they are golden brown and crispy.  While potatoes are baking, combine the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. When potatoes are done, remove from oven and toss with cinnamon sugar.  Serve warm.  Makes 4 - 6 servings.



0 comments:

Post a Comment