Saturday, August 16, 2014

I Live For Olives

Love, love, love olives!  Any kind, anywhere, in anything.  What I like about them is their fruitiness (they are considered a fruit), saltiness, meatiness, and they hold up well in cooking.  One of my favorite things to do is visit my local Wegman's every week, yes I do, just to get a container of this olive mix that they have on their olive bar.   It's a mix of all types of olives, cubed feta cheese and a dressing that they marinated them in.  When I get them home I add English cucumber and sliced grape tomatoes.  I will snack on this all day long, it's my new favorite salad and I can not get enough of it, I am sad to say I am addicted! Olives also contain a good amount of vitamin E, calcium, copper, iron, manganese and zinc, so they are good for you.  They also have mono-unsaturated fat acids - healthy fat.





0 comments:

Post a Comment