Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Time For A Change

I got a little crazy over the weekend and decided to move the master bedroom around, I needed a change of scenery, I get bored.  Everything has been in the same spot for the last nine years, I know, right, too long! So I snapped my hubby into shape and got things moving.

This is where the king size bed was, between the two single windows as you walk in the bedroom.
 This is where the sofa was, in front of one set of the triple windows.  I had always used this part of the room as the sitting area, boy was I wrong!  The sofa looks lost there, and we never used the fireplace.
So, I moved the bed where the sofa was, closer to the fireplace there on the right.  Winter is coming so it will be nice and toasty at night. The room now looks much bigger and not so cut up.  The size of the room is 27 feet long x 14 feet wide, pretty big master suite.
Way more room than we use to have now that the bed is tucked into the one end of the room.  This is the other end.

The sofa is now where the bed was, I will need to get some new artwork for that wall.
This table I showed in an earlier blog.  It's a Yankee table and is 27 years old, my mother-in-law bought it for us when we first got married to use as a sofa table, I was into the rustic country look then.  When I changed the decor in our home, I put it out for a yard sale for $20, no one bought it.  I maked it down to $15 and still no one bought it.  I couldn't throw it out or give it to the thrift shop, that I donate a lot of things to, for some reason I couldn't part with it.  It's been in my garage for 9 years!  So I decided to paint it and use it in my bedroom somewhere.  I chose this Behr bright color and now it sits at the foot of my bed.




0 comments:

Post a Comment