Monday, August 18, 2014

This Little Light Of Mine

My mother always used the phrase "cleanliness is next to Godliness".  I was never sure what that  meant, but her being raised in an Irish household, she had a lot of little funny adages and superstitious sayings. Just a few were - no new shoes on a table it's bad luck, throw spilled salt over your shoulder, speak of the devil and he will come, dream of the dead hear of the living, if your feet itch you will walk on strange ground, itchy nose you will have a fight or kiss a fool, I know, some crazy stuff.   My siblings and I grew up hearing these our whole lives, and we still live by some of her superstitions and adages.  My sister and I will say "mom use to say that".  It's funny how some things don't change over many years.

So me being the crazy cleaner, my sister is too, because you know "cleanliness is next to Godliness", I thought by buying this little Stink and Dirt finder I would have an even cleaner house.  It was only $7.99, got it through Foster & Smith, and thought now that winter is coming, for germs and such, it would do the household some good.  No one wants to be sick with colds or flu's in the winter.  What does it do?  You shine it on a surface and the purple light turns any dirt, print or stain a florescent yellow, so you can see it with your eyes.  It will also find old dried stains, even water that has dried and left a drip mark.  Most germy surfaces you can't see with the naked eye, this helps you see it, so you can disinfect the surface.  Well, now I am driving myself crazy going over the whole house cleaning everything I can find, you wouldn't believe it, things that I thought were clean, were not!  My neat freak sister told me to throw it out!  Truly it will drive you insane, but your house will be cleaner than you could ever imagine.  I am now obsessed with a purple light!











0 comments:

Post a Comment