Monday, July 16, 2018

Grilled Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce

It's Summertime,YAHOO!  And that means every meal we eat goes on my grill.  Keeping the house cool is the goal, I don't like high power bills they make me sad.  So the easiest way to cut the air conditioner from running is to keep all the heat outside. I cook breakfast, lunch and dinner out there, and it doesn't matter what is on the menu, I adapt all of it to the grill.

This past week I made my Salmon with Lemon Butter Sauce.  Pulled out my grilling basket, placed two nice sized pieces of  salmon for the hubby and I into it, and on to the grill it went.  In a slight 8-10 minutes my whole meal was done, it was easy and delicious.

I purchase a lot of my salmon from either Costco or Trader Joe's.  Costco offers larger pieces that I cut and divide into freezer storage bags, and Trader Joe's offers smaller pieces that are already frozen.  I am picky though, I do not like skin on my salmon, it grosses me out, and I can buy skinless pieces of salmon at both stores. Check it out, this how I made it.

I would not recommend putting salmon on the grate on your grill.  It has to go in a basket like the one I have shown, some kind of grill pan or make foil packets.  In a bowl, I melted 1/2 stick of butter, 1/4 teaspoon of Pink Sea Salt, 1/4 teaspoon of Cracked Black Pepper and juice from 1/2 of a lemon.  Slice the other half of the lemon for lemon slices to garnish the salmon.  Place the the salmon pieces in the basket on top of the grill, close and secure the basket.  Grill on each side 3-4 minutes, depending on the size of your pieces, or until the fish is flaky but moist.
I served my salmon with Roasted Herb Potato packets done on the grill, a small side salad always present in the summer with my dinners, and fresh homemade Raspberry Iced Tea.



0 comments:

Post a Comment