Wednesday, November 30, 2016

The Pumpkin Pie

I took a little break from blogging, have had a very busy life in the last few weeks.  Was gearing up for Thanksgiving, it was awesome! I had 12 people sit down for dinner and it was enjoyed by all.  There were two 20 plus pound turkeys with all the fixin's to be eaten, along with many, many desserts to be sampled. Some of the desserts we had were  - Cherry Crostata, Apple Crostata, Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Cheesecake with Berry Topping, Cookies, Chocolate Cream Pie and of course my favorite Pumpkin Pie from Costco.  They make THE BEST Pumpkin Pie!  To dress up the store bought pie, because everything else was homemade, I  broke out the store bought pie crust.
  Check it out!

I used one crust.......
 pulled out my mini leaf cookie cutters......
Cut out a few different kinds of leaves, and placed them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Brushed with a little egg wash....
 and sprinkled with a little cinnamon sugar.
Bake in the oven at 350 degrees until golden brown and place on top of the pie.  And VOILA, looks homemade!  This pie really is the best, I could eat the whole thing myself, but I didn't. I purchase a few of these pies as soon as they hit the shelf every Fall at Costco, and put them in the freezer.  I defrost it, bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes so the crust crisps up, and let it cool. Delicious! 

1 comment: