Friday, May 30, 2014

I am Painting, Again!

OMG I hate to paint!  It's so time consuming, tiring and then I ache all over when I am done.  But it has to be done, so I have to suck it up and march on.  The smaller rooms in my house I paint myself, the larger rooms I hire my local friend and painter to do them.  With some 18 foot ceilings downstairs, I am not about to get on a ladder and paint, all the other rooms upstairs have 9 foot ceilings so it's not too bad.  The prep work makes me crazy, patching, sanding, smoothing out surfaces, but it always does look very nice when all of it is done and the room is put back together.

I am painting my youngest son's room, I patched all the holes and sanded them.
Then I started the ceiling, I had just about a whole gallon of paint, so I thought that would be enough, it wasn't.  So off to Home Depot I went with the name and number of the paint.  When I got there, I realized I forgot to take a picture of the can so I knew what Behr paint and what finish it was.  So I called my son and asked him what the can looked like.   
 He sent me the wrong information (from another can), and this is what happens when you don't do things yourself......The paint I had leftover was Behr Premium Plus Ceiling paint and the color is Popped Corn.  My paint can had  #5558 as the color.  The can at the store was #558, but it was Behr Premium Plus Ultra Ceiling paint.  Totally different finish as you can see by the picture of the ceiling.   Of course you don't see this as you are painting, only after it dries and everything is washed!  So back to Home Depot I went to get the right can of paint.  I only needed a quart, and with my luck they only sell it in gallon size!  So after all the mistakes and money, about $40 buying both cans of paint and two trips to the store, I am finally getting the room done after a whole day wasted.

The trim done and the first coat on.  The color is Sandstone Cove, very pretty, light color, there is a splatter of it on the bottom left of the lid.  I have to do two coats of paint, although this paint has primer in it!



0 comments:

Post a Comment