Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Kitchen Update

I am giving my whole kitchen a fresh coat of paint, including the ceiling, along with some new home decor.  It's been about 6 years since it's been done, too long, so I hired my favorite neighborhood painters to help me out with such a large project, they are both great workers and have reasonable prices.  The kitchen needed brightening up, so I chose a happy color to go with my cabinets.  The cabinets are a cream color with a hazelnut glaze, and the granite counter tops are a mix of light and dark. The cabinets were not easy to match a color to, my kitchen currently is on the dark side and I want it lighter.  I researched some paint companies and their colors, as well as going to home improvement stores and grabbing paint strips.  It has taken me about a month to finally decide on my color - Benjamin Moore Good Vibrations for the walls, Sherwin Williams Antique White for the trim and Benjamin Moore Ceiling White for the ceiling.  Here are the before and after pictures, they did a wonderful job, Thanks Guys!

Before the big job, this is where the coffee bar was behind the island, everything off the walls.......
and patched.  My goodness there was a lot of patching!  I must be careful hanging new things.
Ceiling painted and first coat on the the red wall....
and the laundry room wall....
 The breakfast area and cooking area before the first coat....
 patched and covered.
First coat on....
 more of the breakfast area.
First coat on the remaining wall of the breakfast area and over the kitchen sink.  Stay tuned I will be redecorating in the coming weeks.  The trim work still has to be painted, so I will not be hanging anything until painting is complete and all cleaned.
Walls are completely done, YAY!  Stay tuned I will be redecorating in the coming weeks.  The trim work still has to be painted, so I will not be hanging anything until painting is complete and all cleaned.










0 comments:

Post a Comment