Thursday, May 8, 2014

Bargains

I was out again, searching for some things that I needed and things I really didn't need.  My first stop was WalMart.  My hubby banged into a newly planted apple tree and cracked the base of the trunk.  He asked the clerk at the hardware chain where we bought it what he should do, the guy said tape it!  Can you believe that?  Who tapes a tree trunk.  We happened to have a tree expert visit to look at other trees on our property, and she saw that and said "Oh no you can't tape it, the moisture will build up and rot the tree!"  

So, I staked the tree to protect it.  WalMart had these tree trunk protectors for $1.99. I planted two apple trees so these should protect them from my hubby until they mature.  They easily wrap around the trunk and do not damage the tree.
 Next stop Marshall's, I found this galvanized bowl it measures 16"wide x 10 1/2 high.  They also had a larger one and a smaller one.  Marshall's always has cute solid and printed tissue paper.  I didn't have any solid left so I picked up this scalloped edge pack of 24 sheets for $2.99.
 IKEA was next.  I found these old timey popsicle makers for $.99, they also had them in pink/yellow.  The pocket size tape measure was only $1.29.  
 Doing a kitchen redo and needed curtain rods, I didn't want to spend a lot of money.  The large black metal rod was $5.99 and the small black metal rod was $1.99.  The big ball finials were $6.99 for 2, cafe rings were $2.99 and the rod holders were $.49 each.
At Aldi I found this carryall basket for the back of my car for $7.99.  They had a lot of really cute patterns.  It's collapsible and has a velcro padded handle grip.
Aldi had flowers for sale too. I bought these coral bells, each pot was $4.99. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment