Thursday, May 29, 2014

A Place for Everything And Everything In It's Place

Back to reality, cleaning all the mess up after painting the kitchen.  My sister helped me hang new curtain rods and the shelf above the kitchen sink.  I started putting things back together, a place for everything and everything in it's place, but still have a lot to do.  With everything freshly painted, I want to be sure where I want all my new things hung, before putting new holes in the walls.  I don't want a million holes that have to be patched up again!

The kitchen sink cleaned and waiting for curtains to be hung.
Decorated the shelf above the sink.  
The new spot for the coffee bar.
New pictures and the old clock, hung these next to the coffee bar.
Patina metal pitcher full of flowers, black and gold metal Southern Living tray, patchwork rooster and wood family sign on the table, and the counter all cleaned off.  I don't like alot of things on the counters, they are so pretty and I don't like to hide them.
New rod over the windows waiting for curtains to be hung.  This is my cookbook cabinet, although I have outgrown it, I am a sucker for a cookbook!  I have three black framed pictures to be hung over this cabinet.
Cleaned the glass doors and all the pieces inside the cabinets.
 And I redecorated the mantel today too - candlesticks, bunch of branches tied with burlap, antique mirror, large letter C, family photo, small picture, sphere, books, metal urn full of pussy willows and feathers, large decorative finial, and on the hearth, tall hand carved wood candlesticks with conical bushes, previously on the dining room table.





0 comments:

Post a Comment