Saturday, May 31, 2014

Peonies

One of my favorite flowers is the Peony.  There is something about them that reminds me of a summer wedding.  When and if my girls ever get married, I am going to ask them to carry Peonies in their bouquets.  I picked these peonies from my garden that is in full bloom, I planted a whole row of them last year and they are beauties!  They are varied in color and have full big heads on them, I picked the right spot to plant them, they love the soil. When they started to bloom I ran a string across the front of them and staked it on either end to hold them up, the heads get very heavy because the flower is so dense with petals.  They don't really smell good, but you don't smell them unless you stick your nose inside the center.

Fuchsia and pink are two of the colors I have.  I also have a very pale pink, a white, and a striped peony too!
 This is my favorite one, it's like getting a surprise when it opens, big pink petals on the outside and white small petals on the inside.
 So pretty!


1 comment: