Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Light Easy Lunch, And It's Good!

My sister and I were sanding some furniture pieces on Monday, more on that later.  It was hot, which was good, you need nice weather to do this outside.  After we were finished for the day I made a nice easy light lunch, that was not only tasty, but good for us.

I started with my Italian Tuna, I make this all the time and I love it.  No mayo in it so better for me, and her.  I used two drained and squeezed, 5 oz cans of premium white albacore tuna, break up all the chunks with a fork, 1/4 diced sweet onion, 1 big rib of celery diced, juice of 1 whole lemon, 2 teaspoons zest from the lemon, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper, toss together.  I served my Italian tuna with halved Campari tomatoes, sprinkled with salt and fresh cracked black pepper and a small loaf of warmed and crisped ciabatta bread that I sliced.  You could also served this as and appetizer with and olive mix and cubed provolone cheese.  It's so good, flavorful and not too bad on the calories either.

0 comments:

Post a Comment