Sunday, June 22, 2014

Father's Day Dinner On The Deck

Last Sunday was Father's Day, and I think anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to really be called a dad.  We in this family are the lucky ones, we have all of it, a great father, dad and husband.  His treat for Father's Day, crab cakes on the grill.   More than anything else, my husband loves food, loves to eat, and to have his family around the kitchen table sharing it with him.  This father, dad, husband will do anything, anytime for his family.   He works hard in everything he does, his job, the kids (adults really now) the house, the cars, whatever we need he's there.  So here's to you father, dad, husband, 
HAPPY FATHER"S DAY! 

I tried making crab cakes on the grill for the first time and they were fabulous! They came out perfect.
I used a flat grill pan that I had, they didn't even fall apart.  Nice and crispy on the outside and perfectly cooked on the inside, I served them with a choice of tartar and/or cocktail sauce.  Recipe below.
 Then in my grill basket, I grilled fresh asparagus and plum tomatoes.  I tossed them in a little olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic.  Plum tomatoes are meatier than regular tomatoes and tend not to fall apart once they start cooking.  They caramelize in the process and that brings out the sweetness of them.  Look at those beauties!  Asparagus is always great on the grill.
I also made potato packets on the grill with quartered potatoes, bacon, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and olive oil, wrapped in foil.  When they were done I served them with a little sour cream.  Everything was perfectly cooked. Who knew it would tastes so good on the grill? I'll try most anything once and if it doesn't work out, then I call it something else.  I usually cook everything outside in the summer, no sense in dirtying up the kitchen when I have a kitchen outside!





0 comments:

Post a Comment