Monday, June 30, 2014

And The Rockets Red Glare.....

July 4th is right around the corner, this Friday as a matter of fact.  I can't wait to sit in the driveway, and watch all the fireworks from neighboring towns light the black sky.  I often wondered how they would look if you were in a plane above them, pretty cool I am sure.  Independence Day has always been a favorite of mine, from the time I was a little kid.   The town parade was always so much fun, then we would come home and eat all the picnic food we wanted.  Always served up - hamburgers and hot dogs with all the toppings, baked beans, potato salad, macaroni salad, cupcakes, watermelon, ice cream and ice cold drinks. Then it would be out to the streets to play, and then fireworks and sparklers late at night.  Everything was always so innocent, it's too bad it's not like that today, but anyway, I have those great memories of days gone by.  I am getting ready for the July 4th weekend and a cookout, just a small one.  I picked up a few cute items on my day out.  I'll hang my patriotic bunting and wave my flag proudly, sit back and enjoy my picnic food with my family and be thankful for the freedoms that we all have.

Glass and Stainless Steel Straw Dispenser - TJ Maxx, $3.99 and it came with red, white and blue straws.
 Plastic Burger/ Hot Dog/Sandwich Baskets - TJ Maxx, $2.99 for 6.
Red, White and Blue Checkered Deli Sheets For Baskets - Walmart, $1.49 each for 12 sheets.

0 comments:

Post a Comment