Tuesday, June 3, 2014

It's Curtains For Me!

Well, I finally got the room done, hung the curtains today.  Now it's on to the next project, the boys bath, I have a small hallway that has to be painted, my daughter's room, then the guest bedroom.  By the time I am done I will have to start all these room over again!.   I have to pace myself, take a break, then I will start again.  I have to enjoy a little bit of the summer.  This is how my sons room looks after the paint job, walls are still bare, decorating still has to be done.

I got these curtains at IKEA awhile ago on sale for $34.99 a pair.  They are now on sale for $27.99 a pair, but hey they were still cheap, some panels alone are $20 each. I had to hem these they only came 98" length.
So, I bought this handy dandy iron-on webbing that IKEA sells and ironed it on to hem each panel, no cutting and it was fast.  I laid my curtains out on my kitchen island. measured and marked them.  One package of the webbing ($1.99) hemmed 4 panels and I still had a bunch leftover.
 I measured and marked them
 Used my little ironing board, iron and webbing and hemmed them.
 They came out perfect and it was so easy to do.  Now they are hung and look great!



0 comments:

Post a Comment