Thursday, June 26, 2014

Two Way Tacos

My family loves tacos, and with a vegetarian in the house I had to come up with another way of serving them.  I made two versions of this family favorite, both very fast and easy.  I usually make these when I really don't feel like cooking. 

For the veggie version - I used a can of black beans that I rinsed under cold water and drained.  I sliced up colorful peppers, a sweet vidalia onion and sauteed them in a little canola oil, just until tender, then added the beans and 2 teaspoons of taco seasoning, cook for 3 minutes.

For the meat version -  I used one pound of ground beef, cooked until no pink is left, then drained off all the fat, then used the remainder of the taco seasoning, cook for 3 minutes.
 Beans, peppers and onions going in the frying pan.  I put together my toppings - lettuce, tomato, sweet onion, cheddar cheese, taco sauce and sour cream.  I checked out these corn tortilla flats - love them!  Easy to fill and eat.
 I served a variety of  shells - Flour tortillas, corn flats, and blue corn tortilla chips.  No matter how you fill them they always taste great!



0 comments:

Post a Comment