Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Italian Feast Night, Ora Questo E Amore!

The Bee is back!  I've been gone for a few weeks, helping out some friends, but I am buzzing around again doing what I love best - cooking for family and friends. I hosted an Italian Feast Dinner at my house this past Saturday with the help of my daughters and my sister.  I could never have done it all without them, thanks girls.  Oh, and a shout out to my niece the baker, with her cannoli filling techniques, yay Kristen! they looked beautiful.

The dinner was full of fun, homemade delicious food and of course no Italian dinner is complete without red and white checked tablecloths, great wine and Italian themed music.  We were all busy working in the kitchen the week ahead of the dinner, making homemade cannoli shells, cookies and then the pasta.  We broke out our hand cranked, yes you heard it right - hand cranked pasta machines and my two daughters worked for 5 1/2 hours cranking out the pasta, spaghetti and fettuccine, tons of it because we invited 25 people! Crazy, but that's how we do things here.  

Over the next few blogs I will share with you some of the food items from the menu, drool if you want, everything was awesome and we are going to do it again next year, I can't wait!


First up - The Appetizers
I had two anti pasta trays that were filled to the brim with - Italian tuna (recipe in an earlier blog), sliced baguettes, olive medley with peppers and feta, genoa salami, provolone cheese, fresh mozzarella, grape tomatoes, fresh figs, sliced red pears and red and green grapes.  The other appetizer - two huge bowls of steamed mussels in white wine with sun dried tomato breadcrumbs.  This is all that was left of both appetizers after about five minutes of guests chowing down!






0 comments:

Post a Comment