Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas Swags

I had a lot of fresh greens that were cut off the bottom of my tree, because it was so full, so I saved them.  My sister gave me ring, and said she wanted to put something nice on our mothers gravesite, so I sprung into action.  All those places that sell these type of swags are expensive.  I had past experience in making them so I told her I would make it, instead of buying one.  My daughter (the wonderful bow maker) had already made me two red velvet bows that I did not use, so I had them already. I went into the garage and started cutting and shaping my swag.  I wanted to dress it up a little bit, so I cut some fresh Cedar branches from my trees out in the front of my house. I placed Fraser fir branches on the bottom and then Cedar branches on top, wired it in the center to secure both sides together, and then attached both bows together in the center of the swag.  Also, made a loop in the back for hanging or securing with a stake.  BEAUTIFUL!  Whether you use them for your windows or for a gravesite, these are easy to make, took me less than 10 minutes to put this together, and it's pretty.

1 comment: