Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Dreaded Christmas Lights!

I don't know anyone who loves this job, the Christmas tree lights, they are awful to do every year.  You roll them up nicely to use the following year, and somehow they still become a tangled mess when you go to put them on the tree! AND, not only that, half of them don't work!  So my work began on Sunday, it took me 3 hours, yes that's right, 3 hours to untangle and try to fix burned out lights.  I got about half of the 8 strands working and then threw in the towel and just bought new ones.
 Tree is up and decorated, YAY!
 This is the first year I have used white and colored lights, I LOVE IT! I am still pulling leaves out of this tree, don't look at the mess on the floor.
 These are a few of my favorite tree decorations.  I have this tree in my family room, it is almost all snowmen that I have collected over the years.  The Snowmobile is hand blown glass.  If I use anything other than snowmen I try to use unique ornaments, like this little guy in a space ship that is all hand blown glass.  I have a smaller artificial tree in the dining room that is all Santas. 
A co-worker gave me this snowman in a hand blown globe, the little guy in the sled is a new addition.
 Hand blown kitty cat is representin' our "cats in the house".  Glittery dirty snowman, I love dirty snowmen.
 My WOOLYS, I love them too!
 These 4 Christmas Balls are all antique, hand blown ornaments, that were my grandmothers or my mothers.  I try to be very careful with these, I have had some disintegrate in my hands because they were so old.  Paint and glitter are worn off or tarnished, but I don't care, I still put them out every year.  When I look at these ornaments, they remind me of both of them and Christmases past.








0 comments:

Post a Comment