Friday, December 13, 2013

Crafty Gift Tags

I decided to make my own gift tags, to use on the party favors for my Cookie Party, so I came up with this idea.  I printed out old vintage card patterns, cut and glued them to card stock, hand glittered them, and wrote the names of my guests on the back with gold and silver Sharpie pens.  Cheap idea and they look cute!  You could also do this with Christmas cards that you received from previous years, I always save the unique ones that I get, and either frame them or cut them into gift tags.

I printed the images out that I liked.  These are some of the items used to make them - Card stock, very fine glitter, glue stick, Q-tips, hole punch, patterned cut scissors, gold and silver Sharpie Pens.  Make sure you do your glittering on a piece of waxed paper to catch the glitter so you can reuse it.
 Trim your pictures, glue to the card stock, let dry, and then trim the edges with patterned scissors.
 Use a hole punch, in the top center of the tag, to put a hole in it, so you can run ribbon through to tie on packages.  I recommend hole punching before glittering. Swipe a Q-tip over the glue stick to get a little glue on it.  Run the Q-tip over areas that you want glittered.  Sprinkle glitter over that area. Tap excess glitter off and let dry.  
These are all the gift tags that I made.
 I glittered the flame and a little part of the candle holder handle.  Santa's hat trim and the ball on his hat.
 Glittered the skirt on the dress and the flame glow and blonde boys hair.
Here they are tied on my party favors for the Cookie Party.  Stay tuned I will show you what's inside!



0 comments:

Post a Comment