Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Dinner Table Scape

I hope you all had wonderful holidays filled with love, family and friends.  Our Christmas Eve was spent with my daughter and her boyfriend at their home, with lots of great food, family and friends.  Christmas day was celebrated at our home surrounded by our family, and again with great food.  We started the day off with a big breakfast, and as tradition follows, it was appetizer time.  They all look forward to the appetizers and pick all day until dinner.  As the day progressed, everyone played catch up and got intenseley involved with board games.  I served a fantastic dinner of Prime Rib with Bearnaise Sauce, Sauteed Portobello Mushrooms, Au Gratin Potatoes, Roasted Green Beans and warm rolls.  I also made a Ham Glazed with Pineapple, Brown Sugar, Orange Juice and Ginger Ale (the way my mom use to make it).  Next up, Dessert - Homemade Vanilla Bean Cake with Chocolate Butter Cream Frosting, Lemon Meringue Pie and Brownies with Vanilla Ice Cream, and not to forget, all the homemade cookies and candies. Our house is an all day food fest!  Stuffed, yes we were, and if anyone went home hungry it was their own fault!

I spruced up my table scape (from the cookie party) and switched out a few things.  I set it with a pine green tablecloth, burlap and silver runner, red and silver chargers, Christmas china, red velvet ribbon, red napkins and party favors that I made up.  The party favors were little red and white striped boxes, tied with Joy, Noel and Star glitters tags, stuffed with green shred and 2 instant lottery tickets, so everyone had a little (non- food) treat when they sat down. And yes, we did have a few winners on those tickets!





0 comments:

Post a Comment