Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Baby It's Cold Outside...

Well, I finally got the outside decorated for the Holidays, yahoo!  Just in the nick of time, the freezing weather has finally arrived.  It didn't take me long, maybe an hour and a half, not too bad, considering I was doing it all by myself.  I usually put swags on the windows, but it's such a chore so I nixed them this year and just did around the door, candles are always in the windows, and the sled and skates that my sister so nicely lent me.   In the past my daughter and I use to hand make all of the window swags, talk about C-R-A-Z-Y, outside, in the cold weather!  I put a stop to that and started using artificial greens.  They make so many nice ones now, mine even have pine cones on them.  My window candles are all on one light switch, so no running around turning everything on and off, and no timers for every candle.  Now on to the tree, a 15 footer, going to need a lot of lights! 
My daughter makes all the bows by hand.  The 4 foot little trees in pots are from Big Lots and came pre - lit.
 I made the tray chalkboard sign for the wreath and attached it with floral wire, all the other decorations came from WalMart.
Got the tree up, and look at that mess on the floor!  A lot of leaves on the branches, have to be careful and clean them all out.  It's a beauty though, Fraser Firs are my favorite tree because you can smell them all the time and they smell so good!  Stay tuned for the decorating of the tree.


0 comments:

Post a Comment