Monday, December 30, 2013

Antipasto di Pizza Dip

I made a few things to eat for Christmas Eve at my daughters house.  She asked for a little help because she had over 20 people coming.  I made a cake for dessert and one of the many appetizers she needed to start off the meal.  I didn't want to make the same old thing, so I came up with this Pizza Dip.  It's fast easy and travels well in the car.  I only had to microwave it for a few minutes, she lives far, it was snowing outside, so it wasn't as warm as it should have been, to be served.  I toasted a baguette to serve with it, much cheaper than buying them already package and toasted.  I have no picture of the dip because everyone swarmed down on it and it was gone before I could snap one!  Recipe below.

Pizza Dip

6 oz. Philadelphia Brand Cream Cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup of Daisy Light Sour Cream
1/2 cup Hellmann's Light Mayonnaise
1/2 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
1 - 8 oz. bag of shredded Sargento Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon each of salt and pepper
1 teaspoon oregano
pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1 1/2 cups of jarred pizza sauce, I make my own so I use that, but jarred sauce is fine
1 cup of chopped pepperoni
1/2 green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup of sliced black olives, optional
1 baguette, thinly sliced and toasted, or packaged crostini 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese, 1 cup of the Mozzarella cheese, garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes together in a bowl.  Transfer it to an ungreased pie plate, and spread it evenly across the bottom of the plate. Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cheese mixture, then layer the remaining Parmesan and Mozzarella cheeses.  Top with the chopped pepperoni, green bell pepper, and olives.  Garnish with a few whole pieces of pepperoni and sprinkle with a little oregano.

Bake in the oven until the sides are bubbling and the cheese is melted and golden brown, about 20 -25 minutes.  Serve with thinly sliced toasted baguette slices.

NOTE:  To make baguette slices you need one long baguette, sliced thin on the diagonal, place on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.  Bake at 375 for 15 minutes or until browned on both sides. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment