Wednesday, December 7, 2016

The Logs On The Fire.............

If you haven't noticed already from my recent blogs, I am Christmas crazy!  I love Christmas, it's my favorite time of the year.  I love everything about it, family, food (notice those two are first), friends, the music, parties, cookies, warm fires, ugly sweaters and I could go on, but I'll stop now.

The house is finally decorated, just put some finishing touches in place.  My tablescape for the cookie party is not done yet, too early to set that up, but it's all planned out and ready to go.  Woodland, lumberjack and plaid is the theme this year, so I wanted to bring some of the outside in.   Inexpensive and easy to do, I started with some fresh cut split wood that a guy near my sisters house cuts for $5 a bundle.  I used three bundles to make all of this, I could have used wood from my wood pile, but it's been sitting outside and don't know what critters are lurking in there, so best not to bring it inside.  I also used cedar greens from my trees, and pine cones that I collected from my property.

  This is what I put together from my finds, it's rustic, woodsy and ties all my decorations together from the front door all the way through the house.  The wood and pine cones can be saved from year to year.  Look around your yard for ideas on bringing the outside in for Christmas decorating, it's easy and doesn't cost a thing.

I had this big galvanized bucket in front of the fireplace, so I filled it with the split logs, tucked in cedar branches, then tucked in pine cones, added the bow for color.
Back in front of the fireplace, with a red cardinal perched on top!
 Tied up a bundle of wood with fresh cedar and matching bow, to go outside on the front step in front of my sled.
 Made this one for my sister with a different bucket that I had tucked away.  This one is a little smaller but same idea and a bow made from flannel ribbon.
 And a bundle of logs for her too!




0 comments:

Post a Comment