Saturday, December 31, 2016

It's Time To Go

The putting away of the Christmas decorations has come and I dread this every year.  It takes forever to put all this out, and forever to put it all away.  I'm procrastinating, doing a little bit, having a fun day of lunch and Christmas clearance shopping with my sister, just what I need more Christmas decorations!  I took another day off to try and psych myself up to do this huge job.  Did a little more putting away and took a power nap,  see what I mean!  I feel like I am never going to get this done.  I am always so excited about setting it all up, because it looks so pretty, and don't like taking it all down, why do I do this to myself? 

You got it right Santa, hangin' out at the wine and liquor table!  It's going to be a long week.
Every year, I put all my "undecorating" decorations in the dining room, they get separated and piled everywhere.  It's the only room in the house that we use a couple times a year.  Then I go in at my leisure and pack things away.  The hubby will bring all of my containers up from storage and then he will carry them all down and put them away, he's a sweetie!
I gather things from each room in large laundry baskets and other large containers, keeps them safe from me dropping and breaking them.
 Table is piled high, but it's organized chaos.  All the greens with the greens, bows with bows, glass objects together, wreaths with wreaths, pictures with pictures and so on.
And my sister bless her heart, already started buying things for next year. I think I'm gonna need a bigger house!
 






0 comments:

Post a Comment