Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Cookies, Cookies, Everywhere!

My annual Christmas Cookie Baking Party was this past Saturday, the Baking Babes baked over 3000 cookies this year for all to share with family and friends.  What an event it was this year, I am now on an almost commercial baking level, as you will see from the photos below.  Crazy and out of control with a lot of new things to speed up the baking process and keep us more organized.  Thanks to my sister for her great ideas, thinking and searching, for all things to make our work flow better on this very busy day, LOVE YOU!

The weather was frightful as it was snowing, sleeting and the roads were icy.  The weather conditions did not stop the girls from coming even though some of them live pretty far away from me, as they all love this event. We all work as a team and get all the cookies done in one day and everyone takes home a huge tray or two of cookies.

As always, our day started with a light breakfast of danish, muffins and cinnamon rolls, hot coffee, tea and hot chocolate.  We had to keep warm because it was so cold and miserable outside.  Then it was crack the whip time to get the dough rolling, hahaha!  Check out some of our delicious cookies below.

I started out with these for my feet, standing for 14.5 hours is no fun on the old girls back and feet.  Dearfoams, triple foam in the heel for added comfort, I call them Dreamfoams they were like heaven!  No foot or backache all day. Found them at Costco for $12.99 a pair, great price!
  I also bought my daughters, sister and my niece a pair.
To get things rolling and everyone on the same page, we have rules, oh yes we do, that must be followed.
Baking utensil/appliance table - Everything needed to bake wonderful cookies.
 Ingredient tables, decorating station and the NEW baking/cooling racks
Lots of flour, butter, sugar, vanilla and many other ingredients to use.
This is one of the new baking racks full of cookies ready to be baked off. 
 Sprinkle/Jimmies station, every one you could imagine is on that table.
Gettin' the party started, mixers lined up and ready!
And then it was COOKIES, COOKIES, everywhere!

 My new version of Cucidati cookies.  I took my mothers recipe and tweaked it a bit, with a new shape.
 No one bakes the Chocolate Chip cookies but me!  I am famous in my family for those.  It's my secret recipe. 
 My favorite Christmas Tree cookie cutter.
 This is a new addition, Frosty Face cookie cutter, he's so cute decorated.
Sugar cookies lined up and waiting to be decorated.
New snowflake cutter is so pretty, and shiny ice skates!
And Christmas balls.
My sisters Pignoli cookies, my favorite, I could eat them all day long.
 Some of the sugar cookies decorated by my niece and daughter, who are the decorators for all the cutout cookies.  The snowmen are almost done.
Candy cookies and Christmas trees too!
 More trees and a NEW Christmas Stocking was added to our cookie cutter stash this year which is well over 150 shapes, YIKES!
New this year too - Wafer Paper transfers for cookies, so pretty and easy to use.
These two little Junior Elves are a new addition to the decorating team, they did a great job!
Part of the party theme this year in a cookie!
And when the head decorator in charge gets a little tired, this is what happens, LOL!
Over 425 Pizzelles.
Cranberry Orange Biscotti and Cherry, Almond and White Chocolate Chip Biscotti, waiting to be toasted in the oven.
All done!  Lining up the trays for the cookie picking.
Everyone takes pictures to share of all their hard work, and then its a yearly group shot of everyone who attended.
 Two other new items this year, The Marcato Cookie/Biscuit press for our Spritz Cookies

And this Christmas motif, carved wood rolling pin from Bulgaria. Roll your dough out with a regular rolling pin, then go over it pressing the dough with this rolling pin.  Makes interesting cookies.
Happy Baking this holiday season!






1 comment: