Wednesday, July 5, 2017

UGGG! All GOD's Creatures

I love living in the woods, what I don't like is the destruction of all the animals that live here too.  I know, I know, it was their home first, but groundhogs are my arch nemesis, these guys are making me crazy.  They are so destructive!  They dig holes everywhere, have eaten just about every flower or bush I have planted, they come up on the deck and feast on plants there too, and have caused $100's of dollars worth of damage around my home.

So the hubby and I had to wage a war on these guys and borrowed a trap from a friend.  It took three days, some fresh strawberries and cantaloupe and we caught one! Boy did he stink.  I have tried everything over the years to humanely deter them, but they just became immune to all the things I've used.  I was so relieved when we got him, and now everything would have a chance to grow......
 Or so I thought! Yea, that didn't work either.  I found another one proudly "standing his ground" on my front lawn.....
 and another one without a care eating clover .....
 And another one in the back yard. Evidently this is HIS family's homestead and he's not moving. UGGG! I have been defeated, I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment