Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Berry Good Salad

Berries are plentiful this time of year and at a great price too.  Take advantage of them now because the flavor of them will change come the cooler weather.  I use berries a lot of different ways, I make jam with them, eat them in cereal, eat them plain or sometimes with fresh whipped cream, use them in desserts and I love them in salads.  Using them in salads breaks up the monotony of vegetables in every salad you eat.  They are fruity and satisfying, sweet and delicious with a variety of dressings.

The hubby was amazed the first time I put fruit in a salad, he said "why are you putting that in there, I don't think I'm going to like that". I said "try it, you're going to love it" and he did, and here we are 30 years later and he's loving it!

I made this version of a salad with fruit a few nights ago.  I used fresh spinach, blackberries, raspberries, blueberries and pineapple to start building my salad.
Then added grilled chicken and feta cheese.....
Some candied pecans for crunch........
And topped it off with a raspberry vinaigrette.  Delicious, fruity and savory all at the same time.  It was filling and I didn't need dessert!  Summer salads are the best, use a variety of fruits in them, you're going to love it.



0 comments:

Post a Comment