Friday, July 17, 2015

Simplifying Life

I am in house mode again, cleaning out the clutter, getting ready for a yard sale in August.  I am trying to simplify my life a little bit.  I want my house to be clutter free, doesn't everybody!  I started in the kitchen, and now have moved on to the dining room.  The only new thing I purchased for the room was a rug, because the black rug that was in this room, was being moved to the kitchen.  As you can see, I removed a lot of chachkies from the dining room to give it a more simple, cleaner feel.  I do have four 11 x 14 pictures that will flank both sides of the hutch, I just have to hang them.  
The new 7' 10" x 10' 6" medallion rug is from Wayfair (check out their website, lots of great reasonably priced items for the home), purchased it on clearance of course, was only $98 with free shipping! Can't beat that.  I recycled a lot of things I had stored away, and put them to use in the dining room.
 Tucked into a small corner of the room - This shelf was my mother's, I have a small collection of milk glass that I display here.  The table was my mother in law's, I have a small wine bar set up on it.  These are two pieces of furniture that I can not bring myself to paint.  This is my take on the simpler life, hope you like it.  Stayed tuned, the living room is next!






0 comments:

Post a Comment