Thursday, July 23, 2015

Don't Keep Me Hangin'

So, I finally finished my dining room. I didn't paint it because I like the color and it didn't look bad, so I let it go.  Less work for me, and I can expend the energy to paint the living room, that is getting done next.  I put a new carpet on the floor and hung a few new things and that was it, I had everything else, just re-used the items and voila, all done, take a look!

From Kirkland's - Shutters were $59.99 on sale for $50.99 each.
Clock was $19.99 on sale for $16.99.
 These wire burlap number baskets I had from another room, as well as the straw runner.
 Up close of the weathered wood and metal shutters.  They are 52" H x 16" L x .75" W.
Also at Kirkland's, the oversized rustic wood ruler was $39.99 on sale for $33.99.
  The size is 72" L x 7.25" W.
 Wine bar did not change, but added a more decorative platter to the shelf.  I took these pictures at the park with my IPhone, edited them on the phone and changed them to black and white.  I printed them out on my home printer and double matted them in these big frames.  The tray was re-used from another room, it came from Southern Living Home.
 Here are my pictures.  The cream colored mats came with the frames, but 8 X 10 pictures were too small.  So, I purchased three 8 x 10 mats for $2.99 each from the Christmas Tree Shop, and framed my photos.  The black wood frames I purchased for $10 each on clearance from Jo-Ann Fabrics a few years ago.  The pictures cost $13.00 each to produce, an inexpensive way to decorate.
There was something about these steps that intrigued me.  They led into the woods and were covered in dried out leaves.  When I changed it to black and white, they became more artsy to me.
 Re-used this large lantern, from Wegman's for $34.99, it's perfect. So everything is hung and done in this room, I hope you like it!










0 comments:

Post a Comment