Saturday, June 4, 2016

Yes! Crab Cakes On The Grill

So the really hot weather finally hit us here in the North East. I'm so glad, it was a very long, wet, chilly Spring.  I am so happy I no longer have to cook inside, I am taking everything to grill this summer.  Cooking outside I find is less messy, keeps the house cool and saves me on electricity, you can't beat that!

It was just me and the hubby eating dinner last night, so I made homemade Crab Cakes with a Simple Remoulade Sauce on the side.  I used my trusty grill pan, so the cakes didn't fall through the grate, they cooked up perfect and tasted great!
Recipe below.
To print recipe, click on it, highlight and print.
To view photos in a larger format click on them.

The 16 oz container of lump crab meat made 4 large crab cakes.  They were so good, the hubby ate 2!
I served them with corn on the cob, you guessed it cooked on the grill, and a side salad with fruit and almonds and a sweet sesame/poppy seed dressing. Awesome dinner!
I love my grill pan, I use it all the time.  The handle folds for easy storage.
 Crab Cakes On The Grill
Ingredients
1-16 ounce container of lump crab meat, picked through for shells
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
11/2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon hot sauce, use less or omit if you don't like it
3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

Directions
In a large bowl combine all the ingredients with  a fork.  Mix lightly so you do not break up the lumps of crab meat, form into slightly flattened cakes and set on a platter.

Heat grill on high.  Use a grill pan that is flat, but has holes in the bottom.  Away from the heat, spray the pan generously with cooking spray.  Set the pan on the grill, add the crab cakes.  Cook until a lightly browned crust forms (do not try and flip them too early they will fall apart!), flip them over with a spatula and cook on the other side the same way.  These take about 6-7 minutes on each side.  Serve with your favorite sauce or condiments.  

Ingredients for  Simple Remoulade Sauce
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

Mix together completely and serve along side crab cakes.




0 comments:

Post a Comment