Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Watermelon - That's What We're Having Today!

  Whew! It's HOT outside, humid, and the temperature is approaching closer to 100 these last few weeks.  And a tasty way to cool down when the weather is oppressive, WATERMELON. Watermelons this time of year are so sweet and refreshing.  I bought two big, juicy, seedless watermelons this past week.  I cut both of them up and ate it for snacks or dessert, and I used part of  them in a salad, that's right a salad!  I am  trying to eat lighter with less calories everyday, but who even feels like eating, or cooking in this hot weather for that matter. So to cool off a bit, I made a Watermelon and Mixed Spring Greens Salad With Feta and Balsamic Glaze. I know it sounds crazy, but it was delicious. Easy to put together and served with grilled, herb marinated, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (grilled in the house, in the air conditioning of course!).  That was it, no potatoes, no rice, no other side dishes.  The hubby was very happy, in fact he ate three of those chicken breasts and polished off the salad, I couldn't stop him from eating!

In a salad bowl - 3 cups Mixed Spring Greens, 2 cups cubed seedless Watermelon, 1/2 cup of Feta Cheese, drizzle on 3 tablespoons Balsamic Glaze.  Toss and serve.  As always, if you like more of any ingredient, be my guest, add more.  Sliced almonds are also very good in this, to add more texture to the salad.
 Great looking meal!
 And pretty darn good looking on a plate.  I had my greens and my protein, it was awesome!



0 comments:

Post a Comment