Sunday, October 21, 2018

Catching Bugs!

We bring a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables into this house, and along with that unfortunately also come the fruit flies.  I can't stand those little buggers!  Flying all around, landing on food you are about to eat, they are disgusting.  I have been in combat with them for years, but not anymore. I finally found a solution that really works to get rid of them.  It's simple, and only requires two ingredients I always have in the house - apple cider vinegar and Dawn dish soap.  Pour about an inch of vinegar into a small bowl or ramekin and add a few small drops of Dawn.  Mix together with a spoon and set the bowl(s) out on the counter and watch it catch them.  The vinegar attracts the fly, the Dawn provides a layer on top of the vinegar, so once the fly goes in, it can't get back out.

My two ingredients.
I set one ramekin out by the fruit bowl, but you can hide them around the kitchen if you like. I use two of them, one on the counter and one on the island.
Just over night and BOOM baby caught one! After you have caught a few, change the solution and mix up some fresh bowls. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment