Monday, April 20, 2020

Company Is Coming Chicken!

Hoping everyone is well during this corona virus pandemic.  Haven't been posting for a very long time as I babysit my grandson everyday.  But now with the virus and being quarantined, all that has changed. I miss him terribly as well as the rest of my family.  Being stuck inside the house is not something I enjoy.  My days are now filled with cleaning, cooking, eating and watching TV.  I have gone on an occasional walk, but the weather is still cold and I don't like being cold. I am cooking and baking a lot more, which is not good for the waistline (I gained 6 lbs already!) as I have a dress to fit into for my oldest daughter's wedding. I keep saying to myself "YOU NEED TO STOP FEEDING YOUR FACE!" Every day I wake up with a plan and by mid-morning it's all out the window!

But, good food is something I do enjoy, so I plan ahead what I am gong to make for dinner and try to have something healthy to snack on as well.  The fridge and freezers are stocked, so everything I need to prepare a delicious meal is always at hand. If I don't have something, I can always improvise.

I made this chicken dish last week and it was fabulous.  Creamy sauce with sun dried tomatoes, cheese, cream, fresh basil and a little heat. Try it, you will love it, and it's easy to make all in one pan.
Recipe below.
 I like to start cooking with all my ingredients in front of me, it makes pulling a meal together faster.
 I used a cast iron frying pan, love using them.  Chicken breasts cooking up with a little salt and pepper.
 After chicken is semi-done remove and start making the sauce.
This is so easy and I love the fact that it's all done with one pan, an easy cleanup.
 Add the cream and look at all that flavor!
 Tomatoes in.........
And the cheese!  Everything is better with cheese.
 Bake the chicken and spoon sauce over the top.
And this is the end result, a beautiful and tasty dish,  I served mine with garlic green beans and
 Cacio e Pepe farfalle. Enjoy!
 Please stay safe and healthy my friends.

Chicken Breasts in a Creamy Sun Dried Tomato Sauce 
Serves 4

Ingredients
2 T. olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 tsp. each salt and pepper
4 gloves minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme, 1/2 tsp. if using dried
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes, more if you like heat
1 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup oil packed sun dried tomatoes, chopped and drained
3/4 cup grated Pecorino-Romano cheese, reserve 1/4 cup for topping
Fresh Basil, sliced

Directions
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  In a large cast iron skillet or other oven safe skillet, heat the oil over medium high heat.  Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.  Add to the pan and cook on both sides until golden brown about 6-7 minutes on each side.  Remove the chicken and put on a plate.  Do not clean the pan.  Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic, saute until fragrant, do not burn it.  Add the thyme, red pepper flakes, broth and heavy cream.  Cook, stirring for about 5-7 minutes.  Add in the sun dried tomatoes and 1/2 cup Pecorino-Romano cheese. Add the chicken breasts back into the pan.  Bake until the chicken is cooked through, juices run clear and the sauce is bubbly and thickened.  Remove from oven.  To serve, spoon sauce over the chicken breasts and top with reserved 1/4 cup of cheese and fresh basil.



0 comments:

Post a Comment