Sunday, January 24, 2021

Bedroom Redo

We FINALLY became empty nesters, YAHOOOOOO!  So with that being said, it was time to tear some rooms apart and redo them, they are going to be empty but at least will look nice.

.  I am an OCD driven person and need to have things in my house in order or it drives me crazy and makes me feel unsettled.  I have to have organization in my life.  I did this whole bedroom over by repurposing some things and buying some new so it wasn't at all expensive. New carpet will be coming hopefully this Spring.

I stripped everything old out and cleaned the whole room from top to bottom.  The walls were in really good shape, no marks, scuffs or holes in the walls, so I didn't feel the need to paint.  The color on the walls is Sandstone Cove by Behr.  I loaded everything up on the bed that I was going to use in the room. 
Only two windows in the room, so no big expense on curtains.  The door on the right is the walk-in closet, a nice size for this room.  The doorway on the right, behind the table, is a Jack and Jill bathroom, shared with the other bedroom on the opposite side, same layout as this room.
So here it is!  The bed I had, its an old one from IKEA but in really good shape so no need to replace it or the mattress, no one ever slept on it. The duvet was brand new from IKEA I bought a few years back and never used.  New sheets to match, a few throw pillows, only the tasseled one is new, the blanket at the bottom of the bed is new.  All wall art is new also.
The bureau is 32 years old, it was my oldest sons baby bureau that matched his crib. I painted the bottom so it looks and feels like weathered tin. The mirror I have still has to be hung. Painted the chair and covered the cushion a while back, it was still in really good shape so it fit perfect.  Curtains were purchased new from Home Goods, they have great selections and very reasonably priced for $29.99 a pair. Also got the metal basket at Home Goods for $16.99.
This is the bedroom on the opposite side of the bathroom that was redone last year. The color on the walls is Winter Lake by Behr.  These two rooms are now done.
The Jack and Jill bathroom that these two rooms share will be torn out and redone this Spring, so stay tuned!
This bedroom is still being used occasionally by my daughter when she comes to visit form NY.  It is not complete just yet, I need to find wall art for it to make it more cozy. She picked out the color and we didn't realize it was the same as the above bedroom. This room also has it's own bathroom in the room, she's a lucky girl!  The bed is the same as the other room, for some reason I liked this bed back then, it has served me well.












 

0 comments:

Post a Comment