Saturday, January 23, 2021

PARMA ROSA PASTA SAUCE

I usually don't use packaged mix for pasta sauce but stumbled on this one and it sure is good!  I was actually shocked by how good it was and the hubby loved it too, even better.  Use any kind of pasta, my all time fav is Farfalle so that is what I used.  I paired it with a simple side salad and warm crusty Italian bread. Buon Appetito!
Start a pot of salted water for your pasta before you start the sauce.

In a medium saucepan, whisk sauce mix and 1 1/4 cups of milk (I used skim and it didn't alter the flavor/consistency at all).  Add 1 tablespoon of butter and bring to a boil, stirring constantly so it doesn't burn.  Reduce heat and simmer stirring occasionally until it thickens, about 4 minutes. Toss with your pasta and don't forget to top with cheese!

NOTE:  If you like it saucy, use 2 packets of mix. Don't forget to increase the milk and butter for the amount of mix.  I did use two packages for 2 people and there was none left, it was that good!







 

0 comments:

Post a Comment