Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Buckeye Brownie Bowls

It all started with this pan, a brownie bowl pan. I loved the shape of it and I knew I could bake many things from it.  Lemon cakes filled with a chiffon lemon cream and fresh raspberries, strawberry cakes, chocolate and vanilla cakes filled with a variety of things. You could also fill your cakes or brownies with just fresh whipped cream and fruit or make and ice cream brownie sundae out of them, it really does have a lot of uses.  Almost any batter could be baked in this versatile pan.  I chose to make brownie bowls in my pan, but not just plain brownie bowls, Buckeye Brownie Bowls, filled with a fluffy peanut butter center and topped with hot fudge sauce and sprinkled with chopped peanuts. It was easy and they were so delicious!

The pan has six inverted bottom cups in it.
This is the underside/bottom of the pan.
I was in a hurry so I used this box mix.  I used the amounts of ingredients called for to mix the batter, but I don't follow directions, I put the packet of fudge in the mix instead of on top, I'm crazy like that.  I sprayed the pan wells with cooking spray before I baked them.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes or until the tops spring back when touched.
The amazing, fluffy, peanut butter filling needs just a few ingredients you probably already have in the pantry.
I used 2 cups of 10X sugar, 3/4 cup of creamy JIF peanut butter, 1 1/2 teaspoons of vanilla and about 1/3 cup of milk.  If the mixture is too thick add a little milk at a time to make it more smooth and fluffy.  If it becomes to loose add a little more 10X sugar.
It's so creamy and fluffy, I love peanut butter!
The brownie bowls came out perfect
Nice deep wells, just waiting for that creamy fluffy peanut butter.
To fill brownie bowl.....
add peanut butter filling.....
hot fudge sauce.....
and top with chopped peanuts. And there you have Buckeye Brownie Bowls ready to eat and they were wonderful!



 

0 comments:

Post a Comment