Friday, April 10, 2015

Sprucing Up My Home Sweet Home

I get so bored when I am in the house all day, I always have to be doing something.  One of my favorite sayings is "keep moving because if you don't you know what happens".  I don't like sitting around watching TV all day long, I try to reserve that for night time. To keep myself busy, I move things around this home sweet home of mine, to spruce it up and draw the eye to old objects in a new place.  It works, because every time my hubby comes in from his hard day at work he asks "is that new?".  I spent the whole day yesterday moving accessories I already had and adding a few new ones. Check it out.

The rooster was in the kitchen on the counter.  I bought it a while ago at my local grocery store in their floral department for $9.99.  It was brown so I white washed it.  The iron grate, pears, books, lamp, burlap scarf and woven twig balls were all recycled.  The grapevine wreath ($3.47) Spanish moss ($3.47) and 10 ft. of burlap/lace ribbon ($3.47) all bought at Walmart.  Hot glued the moss onto the wreath and made the bow.  The plaster sphere says "HOME" all over it ($9.99), burlap/lace wrapped glass jar of lavender ($9.99), both at Marshall's.
 I had a mish mash of things including these framed medallions on this wall.  I took everything down and rehung them with these sconces, I received them as a gift, tucked them away, and forgot I had them. They work on a timer and are very pretty, don't know why I didn't hang them up before! And another little bit of decor on a small side table.
Going up the front stairs, I had these pictures hung all by themselves and decided the wall needed more to jack it up a bit, so I added these mirrored metal sunbursts.
 I fell in love with this embroidered pillow ($19.99) at Marshall's. Because to me, there is no other place like home!


   

0 comments:

Post a Comment