Thursday, August 27, 2015

Herb and Mustard Roasted Potatoes

I have a lot of herbs growing in the garden, I love fresh herbs. There is nothing like the fragrance they throw off just touching them when you walk by.  I mix them in with flowers when I plant them, for that little something you don't expect.  I use many of these in cooking everyday, or clipping and mixing them in floral bouquets, just some ideas for you.

Today I used some of my herbs to make Herb Mustard Roasted Potatoes for dinner, and let me tell you they were fabulous!
  Recipe below.
To print recipe, click on it, highlight and print.
To view photos larger click on them. 

I used gold potatoes instead of white they are a little creamier and not dry.
 Tossed with olive oil, mustard, salt, pepper, garlic and herbs.
Roast them in the oven at 400 degrees, turn once during cooking.
And they taste even better than they look!
Herb and Mustard Roasted Potatoes

Ingredients
4 large gold potatoes
1/2 large sweet onion
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons course ground mustard (I used Grey Poupon)
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Wash potatoes and pat dry.  Cut the potatoes and onion into bite size pieces and put on a baking sheet. Drizzle on the olive oil, and add the mustard, toss to coat.  Sprinkle on the salt, pepper, minced garlic, parsley and rosemary, toss until all is combined.

Bake in the oven for 25 minutes, then toss the potatoes, bake for another 25 minutes.  As always, all ovens are different and cooking time may vary, potatoes are done when they are lightly brown on the outside and tender on the inside.  Makes 4-6 servings.






0 comments:

Post a Comment