Monday, August 17, 2015

Old Chair, New Use

Went to a yard sale a few months ago and found this chair, it was only $2.00 so I grabbed it.  I always have visions when I see things like this, how I'm going to paint it, how or where I am going to use it.  It was a little rickety so I had to tightened it up.  I have to say it was well worth the price, and the chair now has a new use in my home.
Used my "mouse sander" and sanded the varnish off of it.  
This is the paint I used, it goes on great! Spray paint is your friend remember.
I love the rush seat on the chair so I preserved that, I used painter's tape and newspaper, and carefully covered it so paint did not get on it.
 The first coat of paint is on, flipped it over to paint the underside, then put a second coat of paint on.
 Amazing what a little bit of elbow grease, and a fresh coat of paint, will do for a worn out piece of furniture.  This chair now sits at my desk in the kitchen, and I no longer have to "borrow" a chair from the dining set.  I love how it turned out, and I hope I get many more years of use from it.











0 comments:

Post a Comment